Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I am jonesing for Reno.....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alison

PostPosted: Aug Tue 17, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: I am jonesing for Reno..... Reply with quote

I want to be there now!! I can hardly wait. Any other boaad members going to be headed down to Reno anytime soon?? I will be staying at the Pep, and in Tahoe for 2 nights. We have already decided we are gonna do the all night drive again. Thats how bad we want to get there!! Its brutal, but worth it. Plus no traffic. Cant beat that.
LilyJDragonfly

PostPosted: Aug Tue 17, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel your pain.... we've got MONTHS 'til we'll be able to go again because of the children and school and whatnot... <sigh>

Win big and post a report as soon as you return....
alison

PostPosted: Aug Tue 17, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol..glad someone feels my pain.... 45 days and counting.....
mjames1229

PostPosted: Aug Tue 17, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there May 3rd.

How many days is that?
CaSwede

PostPosted: Aug Tue 17, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gosh, I thought I had a long wait, but I see it is not long at all. I plan on a trip to Lake Tahoe over Labor Day weekend to see the fireworks and the Bad Company concert.
stan_allen

PostPosted: Aug Wed 18, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject: Kinda like the company on the visitreno.com message board... Reply with quote

The REAL Bad Company? Cool! I remember the one time I stayed at the Reno Hilton (at the time, Grand Sierra now - if that...), there was a cover band at the cabaret-space, and they played a cover of that "Feel like makin' love" tune.

That ought to be a good show - make sure to provide a full report!
remano

PostPosted: Aug Wed 18, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Kinda like the company on the visitreno.com message boar Reply with quote

stan_allen wrote:
The REAL Bad Company? Cool! ...

Well, at least one of the performers has to have been a member. Otherwise it's a deceptive trade practice in NV:

NRS 598.0922 “Deceptive trade practice” defined.

1. Except as otherwise provided in subsection 2, a person engages in a “deceptive trade practice” if the person advertises or conducts a live musical performance or production in this State through the use of a false, deceptive or misleading affiliation, connection or association between a performing group and a recording group.

2. A person does not engage in a “deceptive trade practice” pursuant to subsection 1 if:

(b) At least one member of the performing group was a member of the recording group and has a legal right by virtue of use or operation under the group name without having abandoned the name or affiliation with the group;

3. As used in this section:

(a) “Performing group” means a vocal or instrumental group seeking to use the name of another group that has previously released a commercial sound recording under that name.
CaSwede

PostPosted: Aug Wed 18, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read that there are two original members plus Brian Howe who was lead singer somewhere along the line for Bad Company. The tickets are only $20 (all general admission) at MontBleu- quite a bargain in today"s live performance era.

Interesting stuff Remano about the legalities. I wondered how that worked.

See you there? Saturday 9-4
stan_allen

PostPosted: Aug Wed 18, 2010 4:20 pm    Post subject: The cover band is called "Badd Company" Reply with quote

I had no idea the laws were written so specifically for this kind of thing! I guess they got sick of cover bands billing themselves as the real deal, or at least minimizing the fact that they weren't the original act?

I guess this kind of law is what allows Mike Love to drag a few session musicians around the country and call it "The Beach Boys".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: