Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Only 15 more months!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjames1229

PostPosted: Feb Tue 28, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Only 15 more months! Reply with quote

An absolute train wreck of a National bowling tournament is in my rear-view mirror, which means only one thing... NEXT YEAR!

Is it too early to start planning my mid-May 2013 extravaganza?
stan_allen

PostPosted: Mar Fri 02, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Make sure it's in the National Bowling center this time! Reply with quote

Never! Now, will the next one be in the beautiful Reno bowling center, once again???

Reno sure needs the visitors...or is that statement so laughably redundant at this point to constitute little more than a sentiment along the lines of, "War is bad", or "Ice cream tastes good"?
mjames1229

PostPosted: Mar Sat 03, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Women's Nationals are at the Stadium this year.

In 2013 and 2014, the men will be at the Stadium and the women at the Reno Convention Center.

In 2015 the women will be back at the Stadium.

In 2016, the men will be back at the Stadium.

Lord knows that RSCVB ponied up a small fortune for this constant return to Reno. I like Reno, and in many ways more than I like Las Vegas. But to the rank and file bowler, it means the men's tournament will have been there 5 times in 7 years, and the women 4 years in a row.

The bowlers as a group are tired of Reno. Back in the olden days, the tournaments rotated across the country. Kind of shows you that RSCVB was aggressive in making this deal. To many, the tournament was a yearly vacation to somewhere new. There is nothing new (to a bowler) about Reno that we didn't see in 1990, 95, 98, 2001, 04, 07, 10 and 11.

The anger should be directed at the bowling congress for making such a deal, but the bowlers direct their anger at the city of Reno instead.

So treat the bowlers well, so they don't hate Reno as much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: