Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

March Madness in Reno!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NealDeal

PostPosted: Feb Fri 08, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: March Madness in Reno! Reply with quote

It is only 36 short days until Selection Sunday which officially starts the greatest time of the year. March Madness!!! This is time to start the thread to talk about everyone's plans for March Madness in Reno and who is heading down this year. As I said in an earlier thread we have a big group going down this year for my bachelor party and my brothers 40th bday. We got the biggest suite at the Eldorado and it's going to be a good time. We're heading down early Thursday morning and going home either Sunday night or Monday morning. What is everyone else's plans?
Mammothgambler

PostPosted: Feb Fri 08, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the specific dates? My birthday is on the 10th so I'm sure I'll be in celebrating mode all of next month...I'm finally gonna be over the hill! Only a few more weeks to be youthful. I hear JD might be back in town around then as well. We should all plan a gathering and/or party!

Mammothgambler
NealDeal

PostPosted: Feb Sat 09, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dates are March 21-24 for the first and biggest weekend of the Tourney.
mustangmike

PostPosted: Feb Mon 11, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Neal,
Well it's that time again, me and my buddy will also be making the March Madness trip. I think this makes about 12 years in a row.

Basically doing the same ol same ol, driving to Reno Wed., staying at Harrah's until Saturday. Probably be spliting our game watching time between Harrah's and Cal Neva. Not sure if I like the new 68 team tourney format, but looking on the bright side, it gives us two games to watch/bet Wed. night.

Congrats on taking the plunge, hope you have a great bachelor party.
Dave

PostPosted: Feb Mon 11, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Can't wait! Reply with quote

Hey Neal-
Yes we are getting closer my friend. We have a group of 6-8 guys and are heading down Wednesday night after work and then coming back on Sunday night. Thank you so much for getting back to me on my questions. Looks like we will be staying at the Eldorado and watching the games at the Cal Neva/Silver Legacy. We'll also play the table games at the Silver Legacy as I am hoping that they don't have the goofy BlackJack payout that Eldorado does. Then we'll probably head over to the Siena.......... then maybe this year we will even make it to the Peppermill! Man alive I don't know where else we will go but sure looking forward to it.
We have been doing this for over 20 years and it is by far one of my favorite times of the year. Can't wait!
Hoping we will cross paths and we can have a beer together.
You think this could be the year a #1 seed gets knocked out? Sure not one team that is standing out as the favorite in my eyes at least yet.
Going to be fun.
NealDeal

PostPosted: Feb Wed 13, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear you guys are going down again this year! It is going to be a crazy tourney this year. We are staying at the Eldorado and will probably watch a lot of the games there. I saw that they have that drink bracelet again this year, but this year it costs $40 and you get a $10 food voucher with it. So we will probably do that, since we will for sure drink our $40 worth a day!! We will probably hang out at the Cal Neva a lot as well.
Dave- Yes we should definitely meet up for a beer! I think if any year a #16 beats a #1 this year really sets up to be the best chance. This tourney is setting up to be the most unpredictable one in a long time!
I'm also really excited that my Ducks should make the tourney this year! Their on a little rough stretch right now with Artis injured, but they will be alright when they get him back.
Dave

PostPosted: Feb Wed 13, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good. They sure looked good tonight vs. my - hard to say it- Huskies (they are SO bad right now.) Love Altman as a coach he is the real deal and when they get Artis back they should be ready to make a run.
I do like the bracelet deal but not sure I like being locked in for the day.
We seem to make so many bets at the Cal Neva that we don't end up buying too many drinks. Plus I somehow always end up at a Black Jack table every time I get thirsty!
Sure looking forward to it!
mustangmike

PostPosted: Mar Fri 01, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rd Annual Reno March Madness Rare Beer Tasting, Sports Betting & Blackjack Extravaganza

Found this on the web thought it might interest someone. We might stop by for a beer or two Thursday.

http://beeradvocate.com/events/info/59304
mustangmike

PostPosted: Mar Mon 11, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found this on Cal Neva's website

HOOPS MADNESS IN MARCH @ THE NEVA

The Club Cal Neva is the place to be for all of the madness that is college hoops in the month of March. College basketball fans from all over the country make it a point to do their viewing, betting and partying at the Club Cal Neva on the first full of week of the NCAA College Basketball Tournament.

This year, all the action tips-off on Thursday, March 21, 2013 at 9:00 a.m. as the Club Cal Neva will show all of the games on 6 televisions inside its non-smoking event room including two 20-foot big screen televisions. If that's not enough, the Club Cal Neva event room offers free WiFi so you can track your brackets in real-time!

Still not enough? Enjoy $1.00 Bud and Bud Light 16 ounce cans, five Kamikaze shots for just 5-bucks and $2.00 Stella Artois all day and night. And don't forget about the lovely ladies from the pleasure pit. They'll be on hand from early afternoon until late at night so you can play blackjack without having to miss any of the action in the tournament.
CaSwede

PostPosted: Mar Mon 11, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mustangmike wrote:
Just found this on Cal Neva's website

And don't forget about the lovely ladies from the pleasure pit. .

Pleasure pit? I have heard of a Party pit, but a Pleasure pit? It kind of reminds me of the Woody Allen movie Sleeper from way back. The orgasmatron machine is a comedy classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Isrd7E5nzIQ
Dave

PostPosted: Mar Tue 19, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So excited to be heading to one of my favorite places and watch some basketball. Any of you by chance no a place to find a $1 craps game?
Probably pushing my luck but would sure like to take some buddies to play between games.
I would say Riverboat, Comstock or Sundowner - but those days are gone!
Thanks,
Dave
stan_allen

PostPosted: Mar Wed 20, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Five hangovers, all at the same time... Reply with quote

One thing in all this really jumps out at me:

"Five Kamikaze shots for 5 bucks"

I don't even know if I've ever had a "Kamikaze", but man! That sounds delightfully dangerous, or dangerously delightful, or something...
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mar Thu 21, 2013 6:13 am    Post subject: Here ya go, Stan Reply with quote

In a cocktail shaker full of ice, combine 3 oz. vodka, 3 oz. triple sec, 1.5 oz. fresh lime juice and 1.5 oz. bottled lime juice. Shake, don't stir and strain into a chilled glass.

Many years ago, I met a Japanese pilot who flew 17 successful kamikaze missions in the war.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: