Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2014 Teste Fest

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JD

PostPosted: Mar Tue 18, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject: 2014 Teste Fest Reply with quote

A HUGE crowd in Virginia City on Saturday that rivals the 4th of July. Line at Balls booths too long so walked up the street for real oysters at the Pondo. The owner of the Red Dog said he had over 1000 credit card receipts the next day.

In Reno now surfing my freebie offers including 2 nts at GSR (thanks Mammoth) and a call in to John.

I need a nap right now... more later
stan_allen

PostPosted: Mar Tue 18, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject: two-dollar tipping is not a city in China Reply with quote

I always get the feeling that there's so much more that JD isn't even telling us - not that he's hiding anything, exactly, but I think the best strategy would simply be to shadow him for a whole visit. I'd love a chance to walk in his footsteps, if not his shoes!
JD

PostPosted: Mar Tue 18, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just don't ask me to tell the story of the broken sink in the bathroom of Red Dog that busy Sat night,

NO ...it was NOT me. But I saw who did.

Did anyone see that episode of "Rules of Engagement" when Adam & Jenn broke their sink?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mar Tue 18, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject: Your message... Reply with quote

I got your message at about 5:00 today. You called shortly after that and I answered, "WHAT NOW?" and you hung up. Tried calling a few times, but the line went dead, followed by a dial tone. What Now? I hope the moderator doesn't give me a warning about posting off topic. He's a real tough cookie. Speaking of cookies, Thanks to Janice and BCDave!
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mar Wed 19, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject: Unable to warn Reply with quote

Not sure what the topic is - Warm munchies? Stan stalking JD? At any rate you're welcome for the cookies.
CaSwede

PostPosted: Mar Sun 23, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: 2014 Teste Fest Reply with quote

JD wrote:

I need a nap right now... more later

Is there a conclusion or additional information?
stan_allen

PostPosted: Mar Mon 24, 2014 8:30 am    Post subject: We may have awakened a sleeping giant... Reply with quote

One has to be patient with JD - there's just so much debauchery, we have to give him time to remember it all...but the trip reports are worth waiting for!
JD

PostPosted: Mar Mon 24, 2014 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked in 4 two comped nights at GSR.

Best luck so far...THE LITTLE NUGGET and Cal Neva. And get this...Cal Neva has sent me those giant postcards with free room offers for YEARS.

I have a Jan & Feb. but no March. The desk said, "....they're cracking down...." (not a good sign if I get an Eldo offer, GSM, Atlantis & Sands but no Cal Neva? That was always my default setting. And they now have a new upscale restaurant...at Cal Neva? The "Steak & Pasta House"

Skyway bar as always...full of characters and now I have Cal Neva money I can BUY a room elsewhere

Awful Offal is now $ 8. My new fav is the two pancakes and one egg I think it's under $ 2 (get it?)
Mammothgambler

PostPosted: Mar Mon 24, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JD, I'm frothing at the mouth in jealousy. Hope you're having a blast, and if you get a second, jump on Yelp...somebody is dissing the dearly beloved Top Deck in a talk thread!!!!! Grrrrrrrrr...

Spin the rams for me if you don't mind, and box up a few slabs of prime rib...I'll pay for dry ice and postage!

Mammothgambler
JD

PostPosted: Mar Tue 25, 2014 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easier for you to fly here, instead of ship ribs to Colorado.

I met Jay C for a beer at silver peak near the baseball stadium. And all the top deck staff in back joined the $ 2 bill club.

Gotta go now...I have some pressing R/E business.

Oh....I spent five hours on the craps machine. What a hoot and it pays the correct double odds even on small bets.

THAT'S going to be my favorite.... even tho I dropped a hunski last night.

More later
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: