Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sands Regency great deal

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VAPA

PostPosted: Jun Sat 21, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject: Sands Regency great deal Reply with quote

I have a chance to book the Sands Regency at a great deal. So do I want to do it. It seems that it has gone down quit a bit and the rooms are somewhat dicey. Only looking for a place to rest my head. If, you would rather PM please do so. Thanks
Wolfdog

PostPosted: Jun Sat 21, 2014 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: Sands Regency great deal Reply with quote

VAPA wrote:
I have a chance to book the Sands Regency at a great deal. So do I want to do it. It seems that it has gone down quit a bit and the rooms are somewhat dicey. Only looking for a place to rest my head. If, you would rather PM please do so. Thanks

You could check some recent Tripadvisor reviews, as well.
Mammothgambler

PostPosted: Jun Sun 22, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Yelp is also a good place to check out besides TripAdvisor. You might see the reviews there may have more of a "tell it like it is" tone, as they follow a different editing/posting guideline process.

It was passable both the times I stayed there, the last visit being in 2009. Based on the website's photos, it looks like they may have upgraded the bedspreads to a royal blue, but that's about all I noticed.

Seems like they took out most of the old skool three reel machines. I think there were only a few Wheel of Fortunes left during my last visit.

Copa restaurant and Mel's were good, but the buffet, not so much.

The new "My Party" players club didn't seem to have any perks, especially if you were a cardholder of all their former players clubs. No transfer of points or anything, although they did let me know that the A Play points could still be used at Rail City in Sparks.

I recall seeing $19 weeknight room rates here and there before I left Reno, and they didn't require a deposit unless you were a local, strangely enough. The balcony rooms were a great upgrade, although I don't think they face the gaming corridor.

Mammothgambler
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: