Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Happy 4th of July from the great White North

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jul Fri 04, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject: Happy 4th of July from the great White North Reply with quote

Happy 4th of July to all my Reno loving friends, e-friends and to all the rest of you-all 'mericans. We had our big day here in Canada on July 1st, which was Tuesday. So some Canadians made it a 4 or 5 day long weekend.

BC Dave, the Canucklehead
Shooty

PostPosted: Jul Sun 06, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dave.

Still bums me out that you Canadians aren't patriotic enough to celebrate the Fourth of July with us. I mean really.
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jul Sun 06, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject: We do! Reply with quote

Actually, many Canadians do travel down to the USA for 4th of July celebrations. I think it's about 90% of all Canadian live within 50 miles of the border. And those crossings are always busy. My wife and I live just 5 blocks from the border and last year we were in Point Roberts Washington, along with a lot of other Canadians, for their 4th of July parade. I've also been down there numerous times for the fireworks.

Conversely, it would seem a lot of Americans come up here for our Canada Day celebrations. This year especially, with our exaggerated long weekend.

Along the border there are many strong economic and family ties. As a result we tend to cross it a lot. Most businesses right down to Bellingham, Wash. accept our Canadian currency too.

I am a great admirer of the original US political system, the founding fathers and especially Ayn Rand. So Independence Day means a great deal to me. Stars and Stripes forever!
Shooty

PostPosted: Jul Mon 07, 2014 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dave, I was just pulling your leg. I admire the nation that Canadians have built for themselves, it's really fantastic.
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jul Mon 07, 2014 11:22 pm    Post subject: Alright then! Reply with quote

Your little plate of chips avatar constitutes a good poker face. You had me goin' there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: