Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Las Vegas hotel poll

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Las Vegas and other inferior places
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carl

PostPosted: Mar Tue 24, 2009 3:15 pm    Post subject: Las Vegas hotel poll Reply with quote

Due to the fact that we can't find any good deals in Reno we have decided to go to Las Vegas. we have four hotels to choose from. Which one do you prefer Luxor, Stratoshere, Circus Circus, or Excalabur
remano

PostPosted: Mar Wed 25, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't stayed at Circus or Strat. Circus has reputation of being run down, infested with children and boasting the worst buffet in town. Strat is supposed to be OK but not in a good location, on the edge of a rough neighborhood that used to be known as the naked city because so many show girls lived there who could be seen working on their suntans in the buff so there would be no strap lines when they put on their costumes.

Of the other two I preferred Luxor by a great margin over Excalibur. The room was more comfortable and I thought all the hotel amenities were a notch better. There is a tram that connects both properties and Mandalay Bay which helps because everything around there is so huge and spread out. We stayed in the pyramid tower which has an unique feel to it because the "inclinators" travel at an angle and the windows in the rooms slant inward.

Are these your only choices? There are some nice mid-strip hotels and if you like Reno downtown LV has some of that old time Reno feel and some pretty good deals.
jerry

PostPosted: Mar Wed 25, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: two cents by ONER backward Reply with quote

Great, perfect, excellento (as always) and right on comments by Remano.
I totally agree with all he said. Of your list, the Luxor is much preferred over the others.

Though I haven't been there in years, the Trop usually has good deals. My sis stays there and likes it. On same corner.

For something different, the Tuscany is an excellent choice. All suite, kinda condo-like rooms with kitchen, etc. About two blocks off strip from MGM (or whatever it's now called). Anyway on Flamingo 2 b locks east of strip.

Me, I'll continue to donate to RENO -- which is ONER spelled backward.
Carl

PostPosted: Mar Sun 29, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your help we decided to stay at luxor $35 a night got a flight there for ony $50 each way we couldn't beat that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Las Vegas and other inferior places All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: